All excerpted posts are © the original author. Please consult their blog for the full story and to comment.

rampant

Tuesday 31 January 2017

How to differentiate good from bad research

One of the questions I hear frequently is ‘HOW CAN I BE SURE THIS STUDY IS SOUND’? Even though I have spent much of my professional life on this issue, I am invariably struggling to provide an answer. Firstly, because a comprehensive reply must inevitably have the size of a book, perhaps even several books. And secondly, to most lay people, the reply would be intensely boring, I am afraid.

Yet many readers of this blog evidently search for some guidance – so, let me try to provide a few indicators – indicators, not more!!! – as to what might signify a good and a poor clinical trial (other types of research would need different criteria)...

Read more: How to differentiate good from bad research

We advise bookmarking this incredibly useful post