All excerpted posts are © the original author. Please consult their blog for the full story and to comment.

rampant

Friday 14 July 2017

GOOP’s misogynistic, mansplaining hit job | Dr. Jen Gunter

GOOP and Gwyneth Paltrow have a case of GOOPitis, which according to Dr. Steve Gundry is due to my potty mouthed facts. Or tomato skins. Or something. I find it all very disjointed, inadequately researched, bloated, and mainsplainy.

I first saw this GOOP letter thing on the train back from a wonderful day in Manchester visiting with family (I’m over in the U.K. on holiday) when my phone almost blew up with Twitter notifications, partly because GOOP dedicated their first ever fighting words to little old me (apparently I have some gall suggesting women should not listen to second hand health advice from a ghost) and partly because even High Priestess Paltrow had descended from her bespoke, wooden vagina steaming throne to tweet among the mortals....

GOOP’s misogynistic, mansplaining hit job | Dr. Jen Gunter